Observing from nature is a way to grow as a painter.
Here are five ways to improve your plein air paintings:
1) Simplify your composition.
2) Tie your dark shapes together.
3) Be selective. The more you use of a color, the less impact it has.
4) Start with a thumbnail value study that shows how you want the viewers’ eye to travel through your painting.
5) Don’t use the sky as a backdrop.
Need more Plein air painting tips? Join us on a Plein air painting session! Contact us for our next free session.